I would like to welcome you to our Resident Chapter website. The ACOEP-RC is a resident run organization that is fully supported and funded by our parent college with the goal of promoting opportunities for the residents in their pursuit of a career in emergency medicine!
We work very closely with the physicians of the college to ensure the ultimate interaction to provide residents with all the resources needed to get the most out of their education and ultimately the career of their dreams.
TOP 10 BENEFITS TO BEING A PART OF THE ACOEP-RC:
- Two Annual Conferences (job fairs, workshops, social events, career advice lectures, etc)
- Research Competitions & Publication Opportunities (win $ and add a line to your CV)
- Career Center & professional development advice (available 24-7 on the website)
- Mentorship Program (get connected to physicians in an area you would like to practice)
- Online Lecture Series (lectures at your fingertips of the hot EM topics)
- Representation of your voice nationally (we fight for the topics that matter to you)
- Networking (obtain contacts that may lead to the job of your dreams)
- Benefits (financial advising and board discounts as well as many more)
- Camaraderie (your only chance to meet up with EM DO’s from across the country)
- Multiple Sponsorships (all of which go back into your pockets or into your belly)
As your ACOEP representatives, we work hard to represent your voice on a national level. Please don’t ever hesitate to contact us with any concerns, questions or suggestions you may have! We are happy to listen and advocate for your concerns.
(Please be patient with us as our website will be undergoing structural changes over the next year in order to provide you a better online resource!)
We hope you decide to become more involved in our ACOEP family and look forward to meeting you at both our Spring Meeting in Ft Lauderdale (April 2-6, 2013) and the Fall Scientific Seminar in San Diego (October 6-9, 2013)!